Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quiet is over-rated

My children and I had the chance to fly out to Michigan to visit my dear friend Carol and her family.  My poor hubby needed to stay home due to his work schedule and boy, did he miss us.  He actually complained that it was just too quiet around here and he did not like that very much.
We flew in early Friday morning and the kids just jumped right into the fun.  My daughter Elizabeth spent much of her time playing with the 3 little kittens, that lost their mittens, just kidding.  Carol's family recently adopted 3 little kittens and they are just the cutest things.  My son Jimmy couldn't get enough of doing everything boys do.  He is usually outnumbered by the girls in every activity and he certainly took advantage of having his buddies around.  If they weren't riding the quad, they were daredevils on the pool slide. He loved going to a baseball game and mini golfing.  All the things a little boy loves.   My oldest daughter Victoria enjoyed just catching up with her friend Braaten.  They painted their nails, watched girl movies, and giggled.  It's a beautiful thing when your good friends children get along so well with yours.  They will have a lifelong friendship just like their mommies.
We stayed until early Monday morning and the weekend just flew by.  I think the best times were in the pool just being silly.   The weather couldn't have been more perfect.  My husband had rain rain and more rain.  Aside from missing us, he had gloomy weather to boot.  They say you really appreciate something when it isn't there and I think that really rang true for him.  Just when he thought he would be soaking in the quiet, he realized just how boring it is.  Certainly not something he will be wishing for any time soon.
We were so grateful that we were able to spend some great times with great friends and my hubby was grateful that we were finally home.

1 comment:

  1. Well you know we had a fabulous time! Thanks so much for taking the time to fly out here and make more memories with us. It is a blessing that our children have such strong bonds like we do. We love you all. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete