Sunday, October 17, 2010

Grandparents

My father celebrated his birthday this past Saturday and what a better way to fill his day than to have 4 of his 5 grandkids spend the night.  It would be the first time my niece would be spending the night.  She is 5 and very attached to her cousins.  I was really surprised to hear that she willingly wanted to stay.  I was sure she would be calling my brother to come get her when it got close to bed time, but she didn't.  They all fell asleep on the mattresses I set up on the living room floor, like one major campout.  I went home thinking everything would be ok and it would be a somewhat easy night for my Mom.  Well apparently no such luck.  My niece has a little cold and she began coughing around 12:30 am.  My mom needed to give her cough medicine and after which my niece realized that she needed her Mom.  I don't know how my son and father slept through the whole thing, buy my girls tried very hard to calm her down with my Mom.  That wasn't going to happen.  She needed to get picked up around 2 am.  My poor Mom, she was exhausted!  I'm telling this story because I am so blessed to have such a great Mom.   She never complained, never said she was tired, nothing, not a word.  I think she qualifies for Sainthood!

1 comment:

  1. What a gracious and loving mom. She adores being a grandma about has much as being a mom I think, and that is a true blessing.

    ReplyDelete