Friday, February 12, 2010

As A Mom...

As a Mom, we are often pulled in many directions.  As a Mom, we want to absorb all the hurt for our Children.  As a Mom, we need to be strong, no matter how weak we feel inside.  As a Mom, we will never sleep at night the way we did before we had children.  As a Mom, I thank God everyday for the blessings He has given to me. 
I write this today, because I have been up with my daughter Elizabeth for most of the night.  She is sick with a stomach virus that just has not given her a chance to rest.   She finally fell asleep sometime around 4 or 5am. I felt so helpless as she ran to the toilet several times through out the night.   Although I was so exhausted I couldn't even see, I was awake talking to her every time she got up.  As a Mom, God gave me my strength last night.
Meanwhile, today happens to be the 100th day celebration for my son James plus his Valentine's Day party this afternoon.  When I explained to him that I might not be able to go with him to school for the 100th day, he cried hysterically for about 20 minutes.  He is my last one and I have not missed any 100 days for the other 2 kids.  He was feeling shorted and I was feeling guilty that I might miss it.    As a Mom,  I was being torn in half. 
In the end, I was able to leave Elizabeth for the hour(I was less than 5 minutes away) to take James to his celebration and Elizabeth called me on my cell phone every 20 minutes just to let me know she was ok.  James was so happy and even the other kids that were in my group all gave me hugs.  As a Mom, I had to make tough decisions.  As a Mom, I am grateful for cell phones. 
There are many things we do As Moms, but for me, As a Mom, I have the 3 best kids a Mom could ever ask for.  As a Mom, this is a job I will never take a career change from.

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that my dear. You said it all so well. I'm so thankful and blessed that God gives us moms all we need to do a most difficult job. He gives us strength to do what almost seem impossible. He created us to do this work and it is a job I would never change either. I praise Him for all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natash,

    Where've you been? I'm missing you here. Talk to you soon.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete