Friday, February 5, 2010

Running Behind

So I was not able to get to my blog yesterday since at the last minute I was called in to sub at one of the other elementary schools in our area. My wonderful hubby agreed to go into work late so that I can go to work and he could put the kids on the bus. It was all day assignment and by the time I got home, made dinner, and helped with homework, I was too tired to blog. Today was another busy one, hence, the late evening post. I spent all morning at the school doing PTA stuff and then tried to hit the grocery store before the shelves were bare. We are supposed to have a snow storm which = you will never be able to get food ever again! I was only going to get 2 cans of beans I needed to make tonights dinner... White Chicken Chili! It was so delicious and probably one of the easiest meals I ever made. 5 ingredients and Throw it all in the pot and ready in 20 minutes. No chopping involved.
On my last post I was gung-ho to declutter my pantry and organize myself so that I wasn't continuously buying groceries that we already had and preplanning our menu. That, did not happen. I was all ready to start and suddenly felt a little funny. I'll save you from the details but the rest of my day was spent very close to the bathroom. I am going to try to organize the pantry tomorrow if the snow hits and we are in for the weekend. Pictures are a great idea for before and after and I will post them once I am all done.
I am actually looking forward to a snow storm that makes us all homebound for a day or two. It seems like we have hectic schedules every weekend for the next several weeks and to get a weekend off sounds good to me. I'm wearing my pajamas to bed inside out in hopes of snow. Let's see if we are so lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Natash,

    I was away in Malaga, Spain for the weekend so I'm just now catching up. Don't put pressure on yourself to blog daily if you can't. Just do it as often as you are able to and are inspired. Some days I can put 2 or even 3 posts up because I have that much to talk about, and other days I end up skipping 2 or 3. I am happiest if I can do one daily, though. :-)

    I love white chicken chili. It's great! That sounds like some good Superbowl food. Speaking of which, we will not be able to see it until Monday since we are 5 hours ahead. Argh! I will have to stay away from the computer if I don't want to know the score beforehand.

    Anyway, what's with the "inside out" pajamas? Does that help to give you a snow day? lol

    Love ya,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete