Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A new day

Today I was inspired by my very dear friend to begin a blog. Hopefully with my daily journal or close to daily as I can get, others will be inspired to organize their life. I am a mom of 3 very active kids. Rarely are we home on any given evening just enjoying each other's company. In a way, I am glad that my children are fortunate enough to participate in their favorite activities and on the other hand, I am beginning to realize how quickly our days are flying by. Soon they won't want to sit around with Mom and Dad on the couch and just relax. There will be boyfriends/girlfriends, mall trips without me, doing their own hair, etc. I want to savour every moment and not feel like a big bundle of disorganization. With that said, I am going to begin my organizing with figuring out a week's worth of dinner menu. I have always flown by the seat of my pants with this one and have been blessed with the knowledge to be able to whip something up spur of the moment. This however, stresses me out!
There are so many websites out there that help one plan their menu's. I like to mix it up and so I tried a few different ones. Tonight I will be making fillet mignon since it was on sale $3.99/lb and it is ready to go(unfrozen). Side dishes are always a challenge since my oldest hates rice and my middle hates mashed potatoes. Thank you Lord, that my youngest loves everything!
Tomorrow I will be making Chicken Mole. Big fan of Rachael Ray and even more so after we (my family and I) appeared on her show in December. She is a very warm, charming person and has so many wonderful dinner ideas. I have been making her food every night for the last week. My favorite was the Chicken Parm Pasta Toss-25 minutes from prep to table. Love it!
Thursday looks like a good day for slow cooking. Crockpot Thai chicken might hit the spot.
Friday-beef stroganof
Saturday-maybe Chili
Sunday-Superbowl Sunday-a delicious taco ring made from crescent rolls. Taking this to a friends house for the big game.
Meanwhile I will keep researching to see what fits best into our schedule. Stay tuned my next challenge will be trying to figure out how much we actually spend on groceries every week...yikes!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I could inspire you; you have most definitely inspired me through the years. I am so proud of you, Natasha, for so many reasons. You, being a great scrap booker, needed a blog a long time ago. You have no idea the ride you are in for in the not too distant future. People you only "meet" through blogging will encourage, inspire, and even bring you to tears. God is so good to have blessed me with this venture and I am so happy that you are going for the ride with me.

    May He bless you always as you seek to honor Him,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing... would you mind if I introduce you to my blog friends? It's a great way for people to start to get to know you.

    ReplyDelete